I'm alive, I promise! Ever since Brawl came out, my need to blog has decreased. But no longer! The initial clutches of that warm temptress beckon me no more. I don't know if the game is not as good as Melee, my need to play hours upon hours of Smash has faded with time, or if living outside the college atmosphere demands less devotion to the sport. Whatever it is, after the first two weeks of Brawl, I don't feel addicted to it (this is good.)
And now for random updates:
- I spent last weekend with Lisa and others at a cabin in northern Georgia. It was great fun and I hope we make a tradition of the experience. Hot tubs are swell, the view was phenomenal, and there was much rejoicing. I'll never forget challenging myself to Seven-Eleven-Doubles... and losing.
- Saw No Country For Old Men with Jason. Overall, it was a good film. I was on the edge of my seat for 3/4, but then the movie took a sharp turn at Albuquerque and we were left with WTF? faces. If anyone would like to talk about the moral of the story, please leave a comment. If I had to take a guess, it would be that the inevitable self-destruction of society is a difficult thing for the oldest living generation to accept.
- Started watching a BBC mini-series titled "Jekyll". It stars James Nesbitt as a modern descendant of THE Dr. Jekyll. The guy can act, that's for damn sure. Highly recommend at least watching the first two episodes to see true character transformation on camera. If you're not at least intrigued by the first ten minutes of episode one, you're a boring person.
- Bought and finished God of War: Chains of Olympus. It's a good game, no doubt, but it lacks some of the grandeur of the PS2 titles. The puzzles and locales don't measure up to the kinds found in GOW and GOW2. The combat is spot on. The controls feel natural and the spells & weapons fit right in. If you have a PSP, I'd recommend renting it only because of its brevity.
- StarCraft is still awesome. I've been playing some games lately and it's crazy how I'm still improving, even after being out for ten years. That is certainly the hallmark of a solid game. If I can find a simple way to post some replay files, I'll link to them here. I am bouncing off the walls in excitement for the sequel. Here's hoping we get a release date or beta soon. I expect SOMETHING along those lines to be announced at WWI in Paris this June.
- I filmed another set of interviews for GameTap Watch this week. Look for my re-appearance there soon! I haven't heard anything back yet about the interview I did for the PBS show.
- Speaking of GameTap, there is a brilliant game coming out next Tuesday called Captain McGrandpa: Memory of the Forgotten. It's a GameTap Originals title that I highly recommend playing!
- Lisa is the best girlfriend ever. I'm keeping her. <3 <3 <3
- Rock Band! Boston track pack! Six Boston songs to play! Get it!!!